Definition of closer :
1. A finisher; that which finishes or terminates.
2. One who, or that which, closes; specifically, a boot closer. See under Boot.
3. The last stone in a horizontal course, if of a less size than the others, or a piece of brick finishing a course.
- She only pressed her burning face closer upon his shoulder. - "Nature's Serial Story", E. P. Roe.
- Storms, your father and I have been neighbors and friends ever since we were boys together, and we had set our minds on being closer still; but Ruth's heart goes against it, and I cannot force her. - "Norston's Rest", Ann S. Stephens.
- Do you do this because you have no closer friend than myself, or because you do not know what such knowledge may be worth to the person you give it to- in money, I mean? - "The Millionaire Baby", Anna Katharine Green.