Definition of cloth :
1. A fabric made of fibrous material ( or sometimes of wire, as in wire cloth); commonly, a woven fabric of cotton, woolen, or linen, adapted to be made into garments; specifically, woolen fabrics, as distinguished from all others.
2. The distinctive dress of any profession, especially of the clergy; hence, the clerical profession.
3. The dress; raiment. [ Obs.] See Clothes.
- Because he had appeared to her without just so much black cloth upon his back cut in just such a style! - "The Everlasting Whisper", Jackson Gregory.
- That was a new idea; to make white cloth. - "The Wonder Island Boys: Exploring the Island", Roger Thompson Finlay.
- If ready money be mensura publica, let every one cut his coat according to his cloth. - "Curiosities of Literature, Vol. 3 (of 3)", Isaac Disraeli.