Definition of clothing :
1. A covering of non- conducting material on the outside of a boiler, or steam chamber, to prevent radiation of heat.
2. Garments in general; clothes; dress; raiment; covering.
3. of Clothe
4. See Card clothing, under 3d Card.
5. The art of process of making cloth.
gear, habiliment, weeds, rigging, rig, threads, costumery, togs, uniform, wearing apparel, tog, vestiary, rags, wear, vestments, robes, put on, habiliments, wearable, article of clothing, get-up, dud, thread, wearables, clobber, toggery, garments
clothing (part of speech: verb)
garment, attire, t-shirt, stockings, slacks, fedora, bonnet, dinner jacket, raiment, coat, shawl, outfit, pea coat, jumper, robe, wrapping, burnoose, suit, crinoline, Afghan, windbreaker, camisole, chapeau, trimming, blouse, cloak, hat, boot, smock, dressing gown, gown, habit, costuming, topcoat, mackintosh, headdress, sports coat, pants, petticoat, scarf, sweat suit, chemise, skirt, dress, dressing, caftan, footgear, pillbox, homburg, sweat shirt, frock, trench coat, pyjamas, tunic, shorts, greatcoat, raincoat, corset, brassiere, nightgown, cape, blazer, doublet, wrap, clothes, beret, bathrobe, parka, shoes, jacket, arraying, panties, costume, tuxedo, sweater, array, wearing, attiring, trousers, ulster, turtle-neck, sarong, poncho, duds, vesture, kimono, wrapper, pajamas, garb, blue jeans, vestment, Jersey, fur, v-neck, ensemble, shirt, pull-over, evening gown, kilt, apparel, outfitting, overcoat, fez, Stetson, sari, halter, bowler, accoutering, smoking jacket, housecoat, slicker, pinafore
supplying (part of speech: verb)
- She still loves pretty clothing so well? - "A Daughter of the Land", Gene Stratton-Porter.
- Now Mary had to find ways of clothing the children. - "White Queen of the Cannibals: The Story of Mary Slessor", A. J. Bueltmann.
- In the darkness, a man's hand gently helped me to my feet, and gave me some dry clothing. - "Autobiography of a YOGI", Paramhansa Yogananda.