Definition of cloud:
- A collection of visible vapor, or watery particles, suspended in the upper atmosphere.
- A dark vein or spot on a lighter material, as in marble; hence, a blemish or defect; as, a cloud upon one's reputation; a cloud on a title.
- A great crowd or multitude; a vast collection.
- A large, loosely- knitted scarf, worn by women about the head.
- A mass or volume of smoke, or flying dust, resembling vapor.
- That which has a dark, lowering, or threatening aspect; that which temporarily overshadows, obscures, or depresses; as, a cloud of sorrow; a cloud of war; a cloud upon the intellect.
- To blacken; to sully; to stain; to tarnish; to damage; - esp. used of reputation or character.
- To darken or obscure, as if by hiding or enveloping with a cloud; hence, to render gloomy or sullen.
- To grow cloudy; to become obscure with clouds; - often used with up.
- To mark with, or darken in, veins or sports; to variegate with colors; as, to cloud yarn.
- To overspread or hide with a cloud or clouds; as, the sky is clouded.
fantastic, loose on, bribe, overcloud, boil up, sully, swarm, cirrocumulus, preoccupy, foul, absent-minded, disincentive, overcast, show, spot, break, lost in reverie, demoralise, maculate, puff, harm, defame, bake, fog, debase, deprave, break through, column, besmear, slander, veil, cirrostratus, knot, film, offer, blind, hide, kiss of death, offset, horde, bedim, smoke, obscure, distract, streak, blindfold, blot out, mass, dimness, blur, asperse, ease, warning, smudge, debauch, render, befog, host, misdirect, blear, shadow, darkness, dapple, pall, frost, throng, gloom, besmirch, clear, confound, mist over, smear, cumulonimbus, spoil, impractical, neutralize, hank, blow, demoralize, dirty, display, flaw, cloudy, becloud, cost, obliterate, goad, dust, profane, obnubilate, fibre, dull, infect, bewilder, defile, fickle, make no secret of something, brighten up, drove, discombobulate, divert, bamboozle, corrupt, nebula, rack, soil, stain, vitiate, surrender, boil over, legion, cancel out, damage, bank, cloudiness, buy, smirch, hammer blow, army, express yourself, atomize, billow, blemish, fiber, deterrent, evil, break down, group, lift, pervert, obscurity, give away, block, score, bespatter, deterrence, befoul, fault, blotch, voice, denigrate, clear up, grease one's palms, spatter, manifest, attack, clean, disorient, crowd, haze over, multitude, mottle, visionary, calumniate, big, obstruct, tarnish, taint, close in, smut, mob, boil away, ruck, subvert, crime, flock, mist.
- cloud (part of speech: noun)
- confuse (part of speech: verb)
- bubble (part of speech: verb)
- darken (part of speech: verb)
- obscure (part of speech: verb)
- dim (part of speech: verb)
- "The Lone Ranche", Captain Mayne Reid.
- "Marjorie Dean, High School Junior", Pauline Lester.
- "Expositions of Holy Scripture: Romans Corinthians (To II Corinthians, Chap. V)", Alexander Maclaren.