Definition of cloudiness:
sloppiness, confusedness, cloud cover, equivocalness, clear, ambiguousness, fog, ambiguity, indefiniteness, disarray, confusion, wateriness, obscureness, overcasting, uncertainty, murkiness, nebulousness, unclearness, mental confusion, murk, muddiness, overcast.
- dimness (part of speech: noun)
- darkness (part of speech: noun)
- obscurity (part of speech: noun)
- opacity (part of speech: noun)
- semi-transparency (part of speech: noun)
- "Robert Louis Stevenson a Record, an Estimate, and a Memorial", Alexander H. Japp.
At last, when cold and hunger had almost subdued his native fierceness, it being a good deal past midnight and extremely dark, he thought he beheld a light at a distance, which the cloudiness of the sky prevented his mistaking for a star: this light, however, did not seem to approach him, at least it approached by such imperceptible degrees that it gave him very little comfort, and at length totally forsook him.- "The History of the Life of the Late Mr. Jonathan Wild the Great", Henry Fielding.
- "The Pirates of Ersatz", Murray Leinster.