Definition of cloudy:
- Confused; indistinct; obscure; dark.
- Consisting of a cloud or clouds.
- Indicating gloom, anxiety, sullenness, or ill- nature; not open or cheerful.
- Lacking clearness, brightness, or luster.
- Marked with veins or sports of dark or various hues, as marble.
- Overcast or obscured with clouds; clouded; as, a cloudy sky.
ambiguous, morose, can't think straight, difficult, tenebrous, mysterious, mucky, comfortless, enigmatical, beside yourself, involved, clouded, cold, smoggy, soggy, cloud-covered, equivocal, depressing, darkening, chill, crystal clear, confused, solemn, dingy, cirrocumulus, Grey, cloudlike, sunless, saturnine, undistinct, quaggy, deep, elegiac, godforsaken, riley, morbid, miry, clear, heavy, threatening, turbid, dreich, translucent, cloud, dazed, mirky, miserable, profound, desolate, disconsolate, misty, swampy, certain, sloughy, indefinite, cirrus, cumulonimbus, billow, bleak, dirty, overcast, funereal, drear, unfixed, complicated, doubtful, uncertain, overclouded, cheerless, indistinct, gray, bewildered, beclouded, incomprehensible, hazy, muddied, darksome, roily, plutonian, lowering, cumulus, murky, blurry, opaque, brumous, muddy, cirrostratus, waterlogged, boggy, miasmic, blear, abstruse, nebulose, glum, at a loss (to do something), hazed, lugubrious, dire, dense, perplexed, squashy, dull, soupy, marshy, complex, disoriented, bank, vaporous, forlorn, leaden, column, nebular, sullen, foggy, wretched, miasmal, transparent, intricate, sepulchral, depressive, Cimmerian, crystalline, inexplicit, lonesome, roiled, befogged, lonely, tenebrific, spaced, sloppy, nebulous, hidden.
- dark (part of speech: adjective)
- dim (part of speech: adjective)
- bubbly (part of speech: adjective)
- obscure (part of speech: adjective)
- semitransparent (part of speech: adjective)
- opaque (part of speech: adjective)
- "Tom of the Raiders", Austin Bishop.
- "A Breath of Prairie and other stories", Will Lillibridge.
- "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.