Definition of cocker :
1. A rustic high shoe or half- boots.
2. A small dog of the spaniel kind, used for starting up woodcocks, etc.
3. One given to cockfighting.
4. To treat with too great tenderness; to fondle; to indulge; to pamper.
flub, botch, screw up, bollocks up, scotch, vitiate, botch up, foil, dandle, featherbed, louse up, coddle, frustrate, go bad, indulge, wet-nurse, mishandle, rape, foul up, bodge, thwart, plunder, bilk, deflower, cross, muff, luxuriate, bollix up, violate, bollocks, pander, baby, baffle, nurse, English cocker spaniel, mar, fumble, cosset, gratify, spoil, impair, itch, muck up, ball up, despoil, bungle, bumble, mollycoddle, corrupt, pamper, bollix, bobble, fluff, cocker spaniel, blow, mess up
- It is recorded somewhere that Cocker and another, whose name we forget, competed with the Italians in the beauty of their flourishes. - "A Budget of Paradoxes, Volume II (of II)", Augustus de Morgan.
- It's the cocker spannel and the Great Danes upsets them. - "Harding's luck", E. [Edith] Nesbit.
- " The cocker spannel has got rather a persevering bark," said Dickie, looking up at the creeping- jenny in the window- boxes. - "Harding's luck", E. [Edith] Nesbit.