Definition of coherent:
dogged, dour, logical, luculent, long, pertinacious, crystal clear, reproducible, retentive, orderly, sound, transparent, limpid, ordered, unyielding, pellucid, combined, legitimate, adhesive, lucid, seamless, tenacious, joined, consistent, arranged, recollective, crystalline.
- coherent (part of speech: adjective)
- intelligible (part of speech: adjective)
- united (part of speech: adjective)
continuous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Other Side of the Door", Lucia Chamberlain.
My bosom had been hitherto a stranger to such a flood of joy as now rushed upon it; my faculties were overborne by the tide; it was some time before I could open my mouth, and much longer ere I could utter a coherent sentence.- "The Adventures of Roderick Random", Tobias Smollett.
- "The Boys of Bellwood School", Frank V. Webster.