Definition of comatose:
- dull (part of speech: adjective)
- senseless (part of speech: adjective)
- inert (part of speech: adjective)
Night after night, almost comatose from the fatigue of a day that began while it was still dark, she carried a heaped- up plate and a full bottle to the lodger's room and sat down upon the dry- goods box with the candle beside her on the floor.- "O. Henry Memorial Award Prize Stories of 1921", Various.
- "The Intriguers", William Le Queux.
- "Life in a Thousand Worlds", William Shuler Harris.