Definition of companion:
participator, section, abetter _or_ abettor, authority, attendant, confidante, compeer, governess, rapport, attend, associate, accompanied, partnership, subdivision, assistant, company, Friend, link, protector, coach party, fellow traveller, blighter, guide, association, corollary, boyfriend, young man, detail, double, same, comrade, portion, follow, feller, concomitant, business traveler, counterpart, guard, incident, associate degree, confrere, chaperon, accompany, biography, near, lad, commuter, tie, accomplice, explorer, familiar, running mate, substructure, retainer, atlas, familiar spirit, autobiography, bestseller, cohort, fellow traveler, nurse, relationship, bible, go hand in hand with, follower, keep company, duplicate, annual, girlfriend, play along, blook, helper, bloke, reconciliation, bit, practical nurse, go with, safeguard, escort, bird of passage, beau, twin, segment, fellow, part, piece, backpacker, fella, cuss, matron, dude, relations, match, camp follower, unit, coadjutor, almanac, compatriot, attach to, firm friends, confederate, gent, buster, connection, half, caravan, chemistry, swain, come with, henchman, hobnobber, anthology, obbligato, chap.
- accompaniment (part of speech: noun)
- friend (part of speech: noun)
- accompanying (part of speech: adjective)
- "Historical Romances: Under the Red Robe, Count Hannibal, A Gentleman of France", Stanley J. Weyman.
- "The Firm of Girdlestone", Arthur Conan Doyle.
- "The Quest of the Golden Girl", Richard le Gallienne.