Definition of comparable:
corresponding, relative, homogeneous, same, not unlike, resemblant, cognate, equal, suchlike, connate, equivalent, ditto, comparable to, correspondent, near, sort of, tantamount, matching, indistinguishable, like, comparable with.
- comparative (part of speech: adjective)
- similar (part of speech: adjective)
- parallel (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Home Mission", T.S. Arthur Edition: 10 Language: English.
Still,- although there is reason to doubt whether mixed races have a constitutional vigor comparable to that of the original parent- races,- the liability to diseases of this class is decided less, perhaps, by race characteristics than by ancestral experience.- "Two Years in the French West Indies", Lafcadio Hearn.
- "The Book of Art for Young People", Agnes Conway Sir Martin Conway.