Definition of compel:
oblige, blackjack, sandbag, force, hold, pester, enforce, obligate, threaten, accommodate, make, constrain, fix, drag into, engage, attack, fasten, secure, study at force, coerce, shackle, drive, require, impress, force, necessitate, restrain, make, badger, muscle, oblige, fetter, tie, force, command, restrict.
- compel (part of speech: verb)
- require (part of speech: verb)
- propel (part of speech: verb)
- "A Set of Rogues", Frank Barrett.
- "The Children of the World", Paul Heyse.
- "The Garies and Their Friends", Frank J. Webb.