Definition of compensation:
gain, requital, indemnity, performance-related pay, premium, remitment, makeover, step change, advantage, hire, emolument, starvation wages, setoff, reciprocity, leap, giving, boost, counterbalance, equivalent price, remittance, return for services, remittal, substitute, reprisal, improvement, coverage, recoupment, self-improvement, defrayal, meed, quittance, upswing, a change for the better/worse, kickback, deserts, minimum wage, benefit, development, turnaround, quittance, damages, paying, down payment, rise, pay, contribution, indemnification, living, recompense, counterclaim, payback, advance, indemnification, indemnity, commission.
- receipt (part of speech: noun)
- compromise (part of speech: noun)
- restitution (part of speech: noun)
- reward (part of speech: noun)
- compensation (part of speech: noun)
- payment (part of speech: noun)
- atonement (part of speech: noun)
- "Stories of Authors, British and American", Edwin Watts Chubb.
- "The Clever Woman of the Family", Charlotte M. Yonge.
- "The Gray Mask", Wadsworth Camp.