Definition of competent:
enough, warranted, deserved, responsible, appeal, efficient, right, gifted, acceptable, allow, comfortable, tolerable, fitting, sane, adapted, rightful, reasonable, condign, able, ability, merited, accountable, call, effective, equal, cite, appear, fine, OK, sufficient, capable, fair, decent, good, commensurate, bring before, affirm, claim, workmanlike, qualified, excess, due, all right, satisfactory, suitable, fit, fitted, enough, bring, arraign, respectable, justified, transliterate, adequate.
- knowing (part of speech: adjective)
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
- powerful (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Two Destinies", Wilkie Collins.
- "A Houseful of Girls", Sarah Tytler.
- "The Facts of Reconstruction", John R. Lynch.