Definition of complain:
strike up, raise the roof, sanction, animadvert, yowl, recoil, mutter, murmur, speak out, maunder, squeal, kick back, approve, bellyache, find fault, expostulate, happy, grump, croak, lodge, whimper, sound off, holler, bemoan, object to, attack, grumble, kvetch, squawk, yammer, gripe, growl, give up, speak up, scream, quetch, moan, howl, beef, disapprove, whine, carp, refute, kick, fret, caterwaul, remonstrate, repine, yawp, mourn, whinge, tattle, cavil, nag, feelings, bitch, fuss, crab, wail, inveigh, grouse, take something further, bleat, opine, grunt, kick up a fuss/stink/argument, plain, cry, censure, grieve, contravene, grizzle, keen.
- accuse (part of speech: verb)
- protest (part of speech: verb)
- sue (part of speech: verb)
- disagree (part of speech: verb)
- "The Short Works of George Meredith", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- "The Doctor A Tale Of The Rockies", Ralph Connor.
- "The Captain of the Gray-Horse Troop", Hamlin Garland.