Definition of compliant:
teachable, soft, obliging, submissive, meek, prepared to do something, complying, willing, spiritless, inclined, dutiful, biddable, resist, pleased/only too pleased to do something, docile, delighted, acquiescent, supple, interested, amenable, manageable, gentle, conformable, good, yielding, legalistic, lamblike, law-abiding, nonresistant.
- compliant (part of speech: adjective)
- subordinate (part of speech: adjective)
- willing (part of speech: adjective)
- obedient (part of speech: adjective)
- "Human, All-Too-Human, Part II", Friedrich Nietzsche.
Their fanaticism, in alliance with the burgher magistracy and the compliant law, stands in comparison with that of a despised, persecuted, and impulsive race; cunning, violence, malice and a corrupt morality, are to be discovered on both sides.- "Pictures of German Life in the XVth XVIth and XVIIth Centuries, Vol. II.", Gustav Freytag.
- "Partners of the Out-Trail", Harold Bindloss.