Definition of complying:
- complying (part of speech: verb)
- obeying (part of speech: verb)
- conforming (part of speech: verb)
His Lordship took the House rather unawares, he caught its members in a complying mood, and, like a man of war, he pressed on to conquest, and induced them to grant that which they can never recall; and for granting which they have scarcely forgiven themselves, and will certainly never forgive him as long as he lives.- "Memoirs of Henry Hunt, Esq. Volume 3", Henry Hunt.
- "Martine's Hand-book of Etiquette, and Guide to True Politeness", Arthur Martine.
- "The Roman Poets of the Augustan Age: Virgil", W. Y. Sellar.