Definition of compo :
1. A carver's mixture of resin, whiting, and glue, used instead of plaster of Paris for ornamenting walls and cornices.
2. A composition for billiard balls.
3. A mortar made of sand and cement.
4. A preparation of which printer's rollers are made.
5. A preparation used in currying leather.
6. Composition paid by a debtor.
7. Short for Composition; - used, esp. in England, colloq. in various trade applications;
- Mr. Briggs does see about it; he sees the builder, who tells him that " a little compo" is all that is wanted. - "John Leech, His Life and Work. Vol. 1", William Powell Frith.
- Rub some of the compo. - "Taxidermy", Leon Luther Pray.
- Calculate when it burns out and you receive gratis 1 pair of our special non- compo boots, guaranteed 1 candle power. - "Ulysses", James Joyce.