Definition of conception:
pattern, view, conceit, originating, founding, invention, creative activity, picture, predilection, construct, attitude, father, cognition, intent, feeling, macrocosm, institution, outset, stance, onset, design, generality, arrival, intellection, instauration, fertilise, concept, artificial insemination, vagary, liking, belief, reputation, humor, beget, assisted reproduction, cogitation, creation, desire, purpose, fancy, whim, fertilize, starting point, realization, existence, considering, mind's eye, initiation, world, fertilization, designing, thoughts, foundation, figure, mood, excogitation, abstraction, innovation, comprehension, apprehension, stand, cosmos, impression, universe, caprice, appearance, self-assessment, understanding, interpretation, viewpoint, inclination, representation, musing, breed, conceive, stereotype, dreaming.
- creation (part of speech: noun)
- idea (part of speech: noun)
- beginning (part of speech: noun)
- imagination (part of speech: noun)
- supposition (part of speech: noun)
- plan (part of speech: noun)
- "The Nothing Equation", Tom Godwin.
- "Louis Agassiz: His Life and Correspondence", Louis Agassiz.
It is that he is wholly unable to understand- no young writer can understand- the enormous difference between his powers of conception and imagination- which are often enormous- and those of execution.- "The Eulogy of Richard Jefferies", Walter Besant.