Definition of concise:
crisp, summary, epigrammatic, capsule, compact, pithy, aphoristic, elliptic, compendious, laconic, terse, curt, silent, telegraphic, neat, sententious, cryptic, succinct, monosyllabic, style, lean, quiet, words, elliptical, apothegmatic, thumbnail, brief, big.
- concise (part of speech: adjective)
- short (part of speech: adjective)
- succinct (part of speech: adjective)
- little (part of speech: adjective)
Aristotle is concise in phrase, not in book, and is powerful and profound in thought: but no one who knows that his writing, all we have of him, is the very opposite of clear, will pretend to decide that he thought clearly.- "A Budget of Paradoxes, Volume II (of II)", Augustus de Morgan.
- "The Mirror of the Sea", Joseph Conrad.
- "The Life of St. Teresa of Jesus", Teresa of Avila.