Definition of congregation:
gathering, collection, crowd, group, flexure, cult, brother, church, get-together, coreligionist, folding, muster, denomination, ascetic, plication, company, congregating, collect, troop, assemblage, concourse, sheep pen, host, animism, faithful, ingathering, plica, conclave, sheepfold, crease, convocation, sheepcote, cleric, Baha'i, throng, bend, multitude, fold, crimp.
- council (part of speech: noun)
- laity (part of speech: noun)
- "The Letters of Elizabeth Barrett Browning (1 of 2)", Frederic G. Kenyon.
- "The Makers of Canada: Index and Dictionary of Canadian History", Various.
- "Watch Yourself Go By", Al. G. Field.