Definition of congruous:
harmonic, conformable, fit, beseeming, compatible, becoming, meet, agree, congenial, neat, accordant, correspondent, suitable, nonconflicting, congruent, decent, seemly, worthy, symmetrical, consonant, befitting, graceful, comely, appropriate, agreeable, balanced, eurythmic, concordant, beautiful, corresponding, fitting, harmonious, decorous.
- cohesive (part of speech: adjective)
- coherent (part of speech: adjective)
- conforming (part of speech: adjective)
- suitable (part of speech: adjective)
- united (part of speech: adjective)
- "Johann Sebastian Bach", Johann Nikolaus Forkel and Charles Sanford Terry.
- "On Compromise", John Morley.
- "The Power and the Glory", Grace MacGowan Cooke.