Definition of consequential:
due, swellheaded, earth-shattering, attendant, eventful, accordingly, assured, self-satisfied, prideful, important, meaningful, as a consequence/in consequence, consequent, self-opinionated, much, thus, from, large, stuck-up, monumental, material, historic, overweening, ensuing, self-important, by virtue of something, hence, tectonic, of import, vain, pompous, bigheaded, major, knock-on, therefore, weighty, big, affect, egoistic, complacent, Midland, egotistic, biggety, substantial, significant, vainglorious, smug, proud, self-conceited, consequently.
- authoritative (part of speech: adjective)
- important (part of speech: adjective)
- effective (part of speech: adjective)
Of the scholars of this name, Bristed remarks: The table nearer the door is filled by students in the ordinary Undergraduate blue gown; but from the better service of their table, and perhaps some little consequential air of their own, it is plain that they have something peculiar to boast of.- "A Collection of College Words and Customs", Benjamin Homer Hall.
- "Mr. Midshipman Easy", Captain Frederick Marryat.
- "The Hohenzollerns in America With the Bolsheviks in Berlin and other impossibilities", Stephen Leacock.