Definition of consonant:
harmonious, symphonious, nonconflicting, aspiration, sympathetic, compatible, in harmony, agree, correspondent, alveolar, capital, accordant, congruous, initial, symphonic, conformable, block capitals, concurring, congenial, coherent, harmonised, harmonized, block letters, alphabetize, close vowel, in agreement, aspirate, assonance, bilabial, eurythmic, amenable, alphabetical, concordant, in accord, agreeable, balanced, closed syllable, consistent, corresponding, beautiful, harmonic, affricate, harmonical, congruent.
- harmonious (part of speech: adjective)
- melodious (part of speech: adjective)
- uniform (part of speech: adjective)
- letter (part of speech: noun)
As he looked and looked, the tears started to his eyes, and with a gust of enthusiasm, little consonant with his temperate and philosophical character, he lifted his right hand from his black breeches- pocket, and burst into the following farewell to the metropolis of his native shores:- " Farewell, my beloved London, farewell!- "Paul Clifford, Volume 7.", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "54-40 or Fight", Emerson Hough.
- "The Development of the European Nations, 1870-1914 (5th ed.)", John Holland Rose.