Definition of contemplate:
reverberate, mull over, gaze, notice, wrestle, read into, mull, job, shine, project, pry, mean, take, perpend, see, read, forge, chew over, think over, look around, regard, peer, turn over, view, take a long hard look at someone/something, aim, pierce, look, purport, think through, ruminate, devise, canvas, contrive, target, glance, pore, kick around, planned, speculate, visualization, disregard, go, take something into consideration, excogotate, muse, check on, conjecture, mind, Midland, neglect, behold, hypothesise, witness, have visions of (doing) something, picture, chew on, meditate, allow, entertain, think out, stare, purpose, think up, theorise, revolve, formulate, penetrate, assess, look over, ponder, give (full) rein to something/give something (full) rein, discern, propose, eye, take in, learn, hypothecate, analyse, descry, excogitate, reflect, turn, hit the books, watch, hypothesize.
- expect (part of speech: verb)
- hope (part of speech: verb)
- examine (part of speech: verb)
- imagine (part of speech: verb)
- think (part of speech: verb)
- question (part of speech: verb)
- "Christopher and Columbus", Countess Elizabeth Von Arnim.
- "The Lonely House", Adolph Streckfuss.
- "The Eulogy of Richard Jefferies", Walter Besant.