Definition of contemptible:
lame, currish, crap, disgusting, piteous, abject, pathetic, antipathetic, abhorrent, sordid, good, odious, lousy, grubby, cruddy, dirty, pitiable, disgraceful, ratty, scabby, poor, moving, snide, sneaking, nasty, pitiful, despicable, scummy, low-down, abominable, low, deplorable, rotten, low-grade, despisable, scurvy, sad, bad, low-minded, filthy, mournful, terrible, touching, ignominious, wretched, miserable, base, dire, paltry, obnoxious, sorry, repugnant, sorrowful, execrable, embarrassing, shabby, woful, foul, lamentable, detestable, cheap, second-rate.
- despicable (part of speech: adjective)
- disreputable (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- "The Arian Controversy", H. M. Gwatkin.
- "Lefty Locke Pitcher-Manager", Burt L. Standish.