Definition of contemptuous:
derisory, pejorative, denigratory, disregard, depreciative, imperious, decrying, slighting, denigrative, respect, abhorrent, haughty, degrading, demeaning, familiarity breeds contempt, uncomplimentary, derogative, scorn, overbearing, supercilious, detractive, swaggering, lordly, belittling, depreciatory, deprecatory, contempt, derogatory, sniffy, prideful, disdain.
- contemptuous (part of speech: adjective)
- insolent (part of speech: adjective)
- discourteous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Captain of the Gray-Horse Troop", Hamlin Garland.
- "The Mayor's Wife", Anna Katherine Green.
- "The Judgment House", Gilbert Parker.