Definition of contest:
enter, dustup, bout, manage, scrum, affair, hassle, repugn, trial, differ, challenger, duel, competition, reject, race, face-off, dissent, ride, scrap, represent, face, argue, compete, ball game, postulate, contend, oppose, contradict, passage of arms, contention, rival, competitor, dogfight, controversy, tourney, make do, cope, take up, game, encounter, grapple, scrimmage, vie, confrontation, take issue with someone/something, play, get by, tug of war, disagree, clash, fray, free-for-all, debate, fracas, rivalry, corrivalry, tournament, fence, match, contender, action, skirmish, matchup, meet, react against, striving, dispute, make out, event, strife, deal, sweepstakes.
- battle (part of speech: verb)
- warfare (part of speech: noun)
- "Irish Race in the Past and the Present", Aug. J. Thebaud.
- "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru", Prescott, William Hickling.
- "Persian Literature, Volume 1,Comprising The Shah Nameh, The Rubaiyat, The Divan, and The Gulistan", Anonymous.