Definition of contraction:
anti-choice, contract, shrink, condensing, baby blues, reducing, condensate, constricting, compact, back formation, thin, increase, telescoping, catchword, lessening, antenatal, recession, derivation, confinement, compressing, colloquialism, diminution, bear, retract, constrict, abridgment, squeeze, consolidation, withdrawal, antonym, evaporation, squeezing, the afterbirth, arrive, concretion, consumption, muscle contraction, buzzword, compacting, collocate, capsule, lowering, syncope, omitting, expansion, condensation, amniocentesis, densification, wax and wane, narrowing, connective, cognate, amniotic fluid, compression, birth, baby shower, contracting, argot, omission, constriction, muscular contraction.
- contraction (part of speech: noun)
- shrinkage (part of speech: noun)
- decrease (part of speech: noun)
- "Frank of Freedom Hill", Samuel A. Derieux.
- "Marcella", Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- "The American Woman's Home", Catherine E. Beecher and Harriet Beecher Stowe.