Definition of contradiction:
a world of difference, contraposition, dichotomy, support, affirm, contrariety, opposite, contradistinction, disclaimer, disallowance, collision, contrariness, disaffirmance, contradiction in terms, polarity, traversal, disconfirmation, denegation, antithesis.
- counter-evidence (part of speech: noun)
- difference (part of speech: noun)
- counteraction (part of speech: noun)
- denial (part of speech: noun)
- negation (part of speech: noun)
absurdity (part of speech: noun)
- confutation (part of speech: noun)
- opposition (part of speech: noun)
- "Thomas Henry Huxley; A Sketch Of His Life And Work", P. Chalmers Mitchell.
- "Correspondence & Conversations of Alexis de Tocqueville with Nassau William Senior from 1834 to 1859, Vol. 2", Alexis de Tocqueville.
For although the conception of a necessary succession contains no contradiction, the necessary succession of events is a mere arbitrary synthesis as far as our thought of it is concerned; we have no direct insight into the necessity.- "Kant's Theory of Knowledge", Harold Arthur Prichard.