Definition of controller:
- A kind of multiple switch for gradually admitting the current to, or shutting it off from, an electric motor; as, a car controller for an electric railway car.
- A lever controlling the speed of an engine; - applied esp. to the lever governing a throttle valve, as of a steam or gasoline engine, esp. on an automobile.
- An electromagnet, excited by the main current, for throwing a regulator magnet into or out of circuit in an automatic device for constant current regulation.
- Any electric device for controlling a circuit or system;
- "Tom Swift and his Electric Runabout or, The Speediest Car on the Road", Victor Appleton.
Amidst these infernal surroundings the ruler of Hades Uplifted his head by the funeral flames silhouetted And sprinkled with white from the ashes of corpses; and challenged Winged Fortune in words such as these: 'Oh thou fickle controller Of things upon earth and in heaven, security's foeman, Oh Chance!- "The Satyricon, Complete", Petronius Arbiter.
- "The Penal Cluster", Ivar Jorgensen (AKA Randall Garrett).