Definition of conviction:
sentence, judgment, attitude, face, assuredness, positiveness, prison term, acquit, article of faith, mind, citation, stand, annul, bar, notion, reputation, composure, temerity, acquittal, disapprobation, certain, self-esteem, credendum, condemnation, verdict, punishment, audacity, execration, impression, eye, self-confidence, self-assessment, assent, self-assurance, feeling, blame, award, viewpoint, bring in a verdict, sentiment, call for, charge, pride, cocksureness, judgment of conviction, satisfaction, reliance, persuasion, time, position, doubtlessness, curse, strong belief, stance, credit, chutzpah.
- belief (part of speech: noun)
- condemnation (part of speech: noun)
- certainty (part of speech: noun)
- "The Autobiography of a Journalist, Volume I", William James Stillman.
- "The House of Martha", Frank R. Stockton.
- "The Bars of Iron", Ethel May Dell.