Definition of crack:
- A partial break; a clink or fissure; a crevice; a rent; any violent, sudden, or sharp sound; a smart, quick blow.
- In familiar language, having qualities to be boasted of; first- rate, as a crack horse, a crack stud.
- To rend; to burst or break partially; to split; to disorder or destroy; to throw out smartly, as to crack a whip, to crack a joke.
- "Kitty's Conquest", Charles King.
- "The Bertrams", Anthony Trollope.
- "Hand-Book of Practical Cookery for Ladies and Professional Cooks", Pierre Blot.