Definition of crusty:
dough, scornful, husky, attitude, fractious, moody, gruff, morose, splenetic, leaven, ill-humoured, brusque, covered, severe, crust, short, snippy, leavened, short-spoken, bakery, crusted, bake, hoarse, knead, sullen, sulky, rude, curt, ill-humored, gloomy, ill-natured, blunt, brief, abrupt, temperamental, crustlike, encrusted, curmudgeonly, bluff, sarcastic, dogged, unceremonious, bad-tempered, poppyseed, downright, harsh.
- excitable (part of speech: adjective)
- irritable (part of speech: adjective)
- "Fated to Be Free", Jean Ingelow.
- "It Happened in Egypt", C. N. Williamson A. M. Williamson.
- "The Merriweather Girls and the Mystery of the Queen's Fan", Lizette M. Edholm.