Definition of curtail:
jog, trot, dress, cut down, trim back, break off, snip off, flash back, qualify, syncopate, keep down, clip, restrict, hold in, nip off, limit, cure, hold, regulate, cut short, trim down, long, contain, conquer, confine, curb, trammel, bring down, increase, moderate, bound, cut back, stamp down, throttle, subdue, determine, break short.
reject (part of speech: verb)
- diminish (part of speech: verb)
shorten (part of speech: verb)
- study at shorten
- subtract (part of speech: verb)
- decrease (part of speech: verb)
- prohibit (part of speech: verb)
- curtail (part of speech: verb)
- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- "Our World, or, The Slaveholders Daughter", F. Colburn Adams.