Definition of dainty:
- A term of fondness.
- Delicious to the palate; toothsome.
- Nice; delicate; elegant, in form, manner, or breeding; well- formed; neat; tender.
- Rare; valuable; costly.
- Requiring dainties. Hence: Overnice; hard to please; fastidious; squeamish; scrupulous; ceremonious.
- That which is delicious or delicate; a delicacy.
- Value; estimation; the gratification or pleasure taken in anything.
overnice, straitlaced, savory, squeamish, keen, gracious, trim, refined, soft, pleasing, straight-laced, strait-laced, square-toed, recherche, beautiful, elegant, cute, daintiness, diplomacy, finical, prim, courteous, choice, delightful, attractive, rough, coarse, fastidious, puritanical, luscious, thin, discreetness, sweet, pretty, charming, airy, niminy-piminy, mincing, delicacy, accept, slightness, straightlaced, tender, tasty, frail, fragile, feeble, comely, exquisite, morsel, goody, light, lovely, precious, kickshaw, diaphanous, fragility, good, decent, treat, petite, discretion, skillful, delicate, finesse, ingestion, lacy, victorian, graceful, prissy, delicious, tasteful, weak, tidbit, tight-laced, neat, rare, twee, fine, airiness, appetizing, nice, fineness, darling.
fastidious (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Adventures of Lightfoot the Deer", Thornton W. Burgess.
- "Growth of the Soil", Knut Hamsun.
- "A Daughter of the Vine", Gertrude Franklin Horn Atherton.