Definition of dally:
lazy, fiddle, trail, philander, hang about, bray, creep, wanton away, poke, kick around, take on, dawdle, piddle away, drone, shilly-shally, crush, go slow, spiel, bring, piddle, dillydally, hang, disport, womanize, slow off the blocks/mark, toy, mess around, wanton, frolic, wreak, chill, rollick, encounter, meet, romance, mope, act as, comminute, flirt, squelch, work, fall behind, playact, trifle, potter, coquette, womanise, drag, delay, chat up, coquet, bum, grind, loll, veg out, run, diddle, represent, butterfly, skylark, footle, solicit, sex, bet, recreate, squeeze, goof, wager, sport, act, hack, loaf, tarry, roleplay, fast, crunch, drag your feet/heels, tease, lounge, mash, play, lollygag, idle, frivol, make for, fall back, lag, kick back, dabble, putter, loiter, laze, crawl, squash.
- endear (part of speech: verb)
- procrastinate (part of speech: verb)
- "Martin Pippin in the Apple Orchard", Eleanor Farjeon.
- "Rowing", Rudolf Chambers Lehmann.
- "Mary Wollstonecraft", Elizabeth Robins Pennell.