Definition of darn :
1. A colloquial euphemism for Damn.
2. A place mended by darning.
3. To mend as a rent or hole, with interlacing stitches of yarn or thread by means of a needle; to sew together with yarn or thread.
hiss, boo, red cent, blasted, blooming, bull, bandage, dogshit, repair, confounded, diddley, cursed, asshole, razz, temporary hookup, sew, crap, dump, razzing, damn, shit, shucks, ruddy, piece, prick, bird, spell, damned, spot, reparation, raspberry, bloody, accursed, diddly, turd, plot, dapple, dirt, squat, whoreson, curse, confound, bullshit, patch, dickhead, tinker's dam, cocksucker, like, diddlysquat, son of a bitch, snort, horseshit, plot of land, speckle, tinker's damn, blessed, poop, diddly-shit, blamed, hoot, diddlyshit, shite, infernal, diddly-squat, fleck, jack, plot of ground, bastard, mending, while, execrable, eyepatch, maculation, doodly-squat, fixture, fixing
restore (part of speech: verb)
- But I'd a darn sight rather stay here and fight. - "My Lady of the North", Randall Parrish.
- Sez he, " That's all very well fur you to say, but I tell you, old man, that Judas Iscarrot can't show hisself in Utiky with impunerty by a darn site!" - "The Complete Works of Artemus Ward, Part 1", Charles Farrar Browne.
- She doesn't just care a darn. - "The Heart of Unaga", Ridgwell Cullum.