Definition of daub:
- A picture coarsely executed.
- A viscous, sticky application; a spot smeared or dabed; a smear.
- To cover with a specious or deceitful exterior; to disguise; to conceal.
- To flatter excessively or glossy.
- To paint in a coarse or unskillful manner.
- To put on without taste; to deck gaudily.
- To smear with soft, adhesive matter, as pitch, slime, mud, etc.; to plaster; to bedaub; to besmear.
- To smear; to play the flatterer.
taint, defect, besmirch, maculation, point, aspersion, fleck, speck, stick on, smirch, billet, defame, smutch, put on, besmear, dent, spot, vilification, plaster, touch, tarnish, beplaster, blemish, berth, patch, soil, bedaub, slur, office, crack, pip, blur, defacement, stigma, situation, imperfection, cytologic smear, blot, spotlight, deformity, flaw, plaster over, slander, brand, paint, topographic point, fault, spread, smudge, bit, dishonor, speckle, dapple, disgrace, place, smear, reproach, disfigurement, stain, calumniate, asperse, position, malignment, varnish, dab, dab, sully, injury, denigrate, post, cytosmear, poultice.
- "The Man-Wolf and Other Tales", Emile Erckmann and Alexandre Chatrian.
- "Children of the Tenements", Jacob A. Riis.
- "God's Plan with Men", T. T. (Thomas Theodore) Martin.