Definition of dawdling:
- procrastinating (part of speech: verb)
- slowing (part of speech: verb)
- slow (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Reverberator", Henry James.
As he grew up to man's estate, he might be seen dawdling about in a black frock- coat, jean trousers, and white kid gloves, making lazy bows to the pretty girls of his acquaintance; or dressed in a green shooting- jacket, with a gun across his shoulder, sauntering down the wooded lanes, with a brown spaniel dodging at his heels, and looking as sleepy and indolent as his master.- "Roughing it in the Bush", Susanna Moodie.
- "Patty Blossom", Carolyn Wells.