Definition of dear:
- A dear one; lover; sweetheart.
- Bearing a high price; high- priced; costly; expensive.
- Dearly; at a high price.
- Hence, close to the heart; heartfelt; present in mind; engaging the attention.
- Highly valued; greatly beloved; cherished; precious.
- Marked by scarcity or dearth, and exorbitance of price; as, a dear year.
- Of disagreeable things and antipathies.
- To endear.
special, loved one, big-ticket, honey, cheeseparing, eye-catching, high-end, serious, right, delightful, white-headed, practiced, erotic love, lovely, penny-pinching, lovemaking, honest, fairy godmother, wanted, sister, pricy, Samaritan, sugar, ma'am, saint, well, approximate, high-ticket, Dear Sir, disarming, beloved, businesslike, minion, dearest, pardner, winsome, high-priced, effective, skilful, sexual love, go-to guy, endearing, best wishes, devout, earnest, star, ultraexpensive, beneficial, bud, kind regards, savior, dude, fond, skinny, full, winning, bro, knockout, love, dependable, baby, sound, beguiling, Sincerely yours, top, select, spendy, unspoilt, nice-looking, sincere, appealing, high, costly, adept, longed-for, my man, Yours, just, undecomposed, captivating, salutary, expert, in force, babe, close, value, making love, solemn, sumptuous, god-fearing, dearly, skillful, mister, proficient, miss, mate, nigh, sonny, valuable, near, in a heartfelt way, mensch, to die for, adorable, luxurious, postscript, honorable, secure, good, buddy, Mac, respectable, high-class, upright, love life, passion, madam, Yours faithfully, buster, angel, herewith, stunning, darling, sweetie, desirable, unspoiled, heartfelt, estimable, sweet, loved, safe, lovesome, in effect, cheeseparing, exclusive, ripe, pricey, lamb, truelove, expensive, affectionately, desired.
- darling (part of speech: noun)
- expensive (part of speech: adjective)