Definition of debasement:
- depression (part of speech: noun)
- underestimation (part of speech: noun)
vice (part of speech: noun)
- misuse (part of speech: noun)
All the misery and debasement of her equivocal and dependent situation had not been able to drive her into compliance with Mordaunt's passionate and urgent prayers; and her heart was proof even to the eloquence of love, when that eloquence pointed towards the worldly injury and depreciation of her lover: but this new persecution was utterly unforeseen in its nature and intolerable from its cause.- "The Disowned, Complete", Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
- "Madame Roland, Makers of History", John S. C. Abbott.
- "The Story of the Trapper", A. C. Laut.