Definition of debt:
- A duty neglected or violated; a fault; a sin; a trespass.
- An action at law to recover a certain specified sum of money alleged to be due.
- That which is due from one person to another, whether money, goods, or services; that which one person is bound to pay to another, or to perform for his benefit; thing owed; obligation; liability.
indebted, score, account, sin, appreciation, bad debt, duty, balance, due, thankful, be glad of something, in the red, gratitude, trespass, misdeed, violation, touch, bill, commitment, encumbrance, grateful, money, malefaction, arrearage, liable, in arrears, lien, error, breach, crime, asset, lawbreaking, pay, home loan, notes, claim, wrongdoing, appreciative, misdoing, borrowings, transgression.
- "Acres of Diamonds", Russell H. Conwell.
- "The Works of John Bunyan Volume 3", John Bunyan.
- "A Galahad of the Creeks; The Widow Lamport", S. (Sidney) Levett-Yeats.