Definition of decision:
- An account or report of a conclusion, especially of a legal adjudication or judicial determination of a question or cause; as, a decision of arbitrators; a decision of the Supreme Court.
- Cutting off; division; detachment of a part.
- The act of deciding; act of settling or terminating, as a controversy, by giving judgment on the matter at issue; determination, as of a question or doubt; settlement; conclusion.
- The quality of being decided; prompt and fixed determination; unwavering firmness; as, to manifest great decision.
purpose, arrangement, finality, strong, finish, conclusion, conclusiveness, declaration, finale, willpower, close, termination, end, ending, toughness, decidedness, ratiocination, will, determination, decide, stopping point, certain, decisiveness, closing, last, finis, purposefulness, resoluteness, firmness, settlement, resolve.
- choice (part of speech: noun)
- judgement (part of speech: noun)
- "Cosmopolis, Complete", Paul Bourget Last Updated: March 3, 2009.
- "A History of England Principally in the Seventeenth Century, Volume I (of 6)", Leopold von Ranke.
- "Kent Knowles: Quahaug", Joseph C. Lincoln.