Definition of declare :
1. To make a declaration, or an open and explicit avowal; to proclaim one's self; - often with for or against; as, victory declares against the allies.
2. To make clear; to free from obscurity.
3. To make declaration of; to assert; to affirm; to set forth; to avow; as, he declares the story to be false.
4. To make full statement of, as goods, etc., for the purpose of paying taxes, duties, etc.
5. To make known by language; to communicate or manifest explicitly and plainly in any way; to exhibit; to publish; to proclaim; to announce.
6. To state the plaintiff's cause of action at law in a legal form; as, the plaintiff declares in trespass.
herald, take, notify, publish, apply, restrain, curb, reassure, retain, allege, defy, stress, confine, conceal, bind, control, represent, reserve, nurse, accommodate, plead, halt, harbor, have got, asseverate, set forth, adjudge, knowledge, convey, produce, keep, promulgate, put forward, agree, say, book, take for, arrest, hold back, air, hold up, concord, denote, guard, vent, tell, foretell, advocate, voice, oblige, repeat, obtain, hide, keep back, insist, concur, deny, talk, entertain, defend, equivocate, contain, argue, bring forward, prevail, avow, view as, contradict, withstand, carry, take hold, swear, annunciate, go for, give, cite, harbour, introduce, articulate, assign, throw, give out, impart, obligate, harbinger, utter, advance, moderate, words, list, inform, protest, make, have, report, verbalize, enunciate, bear, offer, check, name, vocalize, hold in
affirm (part of speech: verb)
profess, propound, accept, ratify, pledge, validate, claim, avouch, admit, corroborate, promise, contend, express, maintain, sustain, submit, endorse, assure, warrant, verify, certify, acknowledge, testify, adjure, approve, affirm, support, proclaim, state, aver, attest, pronounce, assert, set down
disclose (part of speech: verb)
evince (part of speech: verb)
establish, witness, indicate, exemplify, prove, demonstrate, adduce, exhibit, depose, authenticate, illustrate, confirm, determine, betoken, observe, substantiate, vouch, connote, manifest, evince, document
believe (part of speech: verb)
- I declare, it's too bad! - "Madeline Payne, the Detective's Daughter", Lawrence L. Lynch.
- In the middle of July, France was persuaded to declare war. - "Boys' Book of Famous Soldiers", J. Walker McSpadden.
- I can, with truth, declare that I expected nothing. - "Autobiography of Anthony Trollope", Anthony Trollope.