Definition of decoration:
- Specifically, any mark of honor to be worn upon the person, as a medal, cross, or ribbon of an order of knighthood, bestowed for services in war, great achievements in literature, art, etc.
- That which adorns, enriches, or beautifies; something added by way of embellishment; ornament.
- The act of adorning, embellishing, or honoring; ornamentation.
improvement, palm, thread, accent, premium, plume, Victoria Cross, patterning, simplicity, plainness, medallion, ornamentation, medal, thenar, detail, garniture, flounce, beautifier, doodad, mention, overlay, bay wreath, extravagance, distinction, design, sequin, festoon, destruction, setoff, prize, the VC, embellisher, spangle, ruffle, edging, color, illumination, furnishing, decor, cross, laurel wreath, ornament, the Congressional Medal of Honor, bead, jewelry, inlay, gilt, filigree, designing, beautiful, detailing, Medal of Honor, mentioned in dispatches, plaque, enhancement, frippery, palm tree, award, blue ribbon, braid, paint, embellishment, typewriter ribbon, demolition, laurel, citation, lace, border, knickknack, painting, caparison, accessory, wreath, reward, ribbon, Military Cross, scroll, cockade, glass, accolade, decorate, garnishment, kudo, fringe.
- ornament (part of speech: noun)
- title (part of speech: noun)
- "The Sins of Séverac Bablon", Sax Rohmer.
The decoration of the walls was suggested, as in earlier times, by the needs of the royal soul, with this difference- that the Thebans set themselves to render visible to his eyes by paintings that which the Memphites had been content to present to his intelligence in writing, so that the Pharaoh could now see what his ancestors had been able merely to read on the walls of their tombs.- "History Of Egypt, Chaldća, Syria, Babylonia, and Assyria, Volume 6 (of 12)", G. Maspero.
- "The Reign of Law A Tale of the Kentucky Hemp Fields", James Lane Allen.