Definition of decorous:
meet, beseeming, bonnie, adequate, bonny, suitable, fit, in good taste, fair, fitting, decent, proper, comely, worthy, sedate, congruous, respectable, comme il faut, mly, seemly, sightly, de rigueur, becoming, courtesy, enough, correct, nice, befitting, right, staid.
correct (part of speech: adjective)
- elegant (part of speech: adjective)
- fashionable (part of speech: adjective)
- courteous (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Function Of The Poet And Other Essays", James Russell Lowell.
- "Records of a Girlhood", Frances Ann Kemble.
Vyse nursed a sick child with the tenderness of a woman; the cattle- dealer spent the day in telling stories, very far from decorous, it must be admitted, to a group of half- frightened lads, who forgot their fears in their laughter; even the London clerk shone conspicuous with his zither and his eternal " Safe in the arms of Jesus."- "Masterman and Son", W. J. Dawson.