Definition of decorum:
good behavior, protocol, behavior, properness, respectableness, respectability, gentility, mliness, manner, decency, good form, comeliness, usual, dignity, decentness, mores, deportment, decorousness, good taste.
- courtesy (part of speech: noun)
- propriety (part of speech: noun)
- fashion (part of speech: noun)
Before the pacha had finished his pipe, the arrival of the story- teller was announced; and after waiting a few minutes from decorum, which seemed to the impatient pacha to be eternal, Mustapha clapped his hands, and the man was ushered in.- "The Pacha of Many Tales", Captain Frederick Marryat.
- "Denzil Quarrier", George Gissing.
- "The Story of a New York House", Henry Cuyler Bunner.