Definition of decree:
- A decision, order, or sentence, given in a cause by a court of equity or admiralty.
- A determination or judgment of an umpire on a case submitted to him.
- An edict or law made by a council for regulating any business within their jurisdiction; as, the decrees of ecclesiastical councils.
- An order from one having authority, deciding what is to be done by a subordinate; also, a determination by one having power, deciding what is to be done or to take place; edict, law; authoritative ru decision.
- To determine judicially by authority, or by decree; to constitute by edict; to appoint by decree or law; to determine; to order; to ordain; as, a court decrees a restoration of property.
- To make decrees; - used absolutely.
- To ordain by fate.
monastic order, do, law, parliamentary law, harness, economy, rein, reign, gild, instruction, edict, charge, society, institute, orderliness, canon, direction, proclamation, revisal, polity, mandate, injunction, bull, rewrite, imperative, acquittal, require, precept, declaration, order around, statute, dominate, govern, behest, rules of order, call for, lodge, parliamentary procedure, ordering, award, instruct, diktat, dictate, predominate, ordination, club, word, proclamation, directive, declaration, commandment, ordinance, acquit, determination, ruling, tax with, bring in a verdict, purchase order, judgment, legislation, jurisprudence, revision, boss around, rule, pronouncement, prevail, pronouncement, command, order, principle, social club, formula, fiat, rescript, enactment, citation, tell, guild, push around, order of magnitude, prescription, regulation, find, annul, ukase, revise, bar, code, judgment.
- "History of the United States, Volume 6 (of 6)", E. Benjamin Andrews.
- "Andreas Hofer", Lousia Muhlbach.
- "History-of-the-Conquest-of-Peru-with-a-preliminary-view-of-the-civilization-of-the-Incas", Prescott, William Hickling.