Definition of dedicate:
- Dedicated; set apart; devoted; consecrated.
- To devote, set apart, or give up, as one's self, to a duty or service.
- To inscribe or address, as to a patron.
- To set apart and consecrate, as to a divinity, or for sacred uses; to devote formally and solemnly; as, to dedicate vessels, treasures, a temple, or a church, to a religious use.
institutionalize, charge, place, set aside, bend, chip in, apply, give way, practice, buckle down, establish, collect, afford, pay, throw, consign, contribute, hand, perpetrate, yield, consecrate, devote, work, move over, pass, cave in, return, concentrate, sacrifice, present, pass on, address, donate, fall in, trust, open, ease up, give, send, vow, assign, appropriate, collapse, make, entrust, allot, confide, turn, gift, reach, put, intrust, order, render, apportion, surrender, ordinate, feed, restrict, commit, generate, pull, focus, founder, institutionalise, invest, ordain, break, leave, turn over, direct, have, kick in, grant, impart, hold.
- "Aurora the Magnificent", Gertrude Hall.
- "Hyperion", Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- "Dawson Black: Retail Merchant", Harold Whitehead.